What is the Community Van Program?
We provide ready-to-go passenger vans for lease to qualifying nonprofit, and government agencies. The program was developed in order to provide alternative transportation options for groups that work to enhance economic development or for social service functions. Groups pay a low per mile and per day fee. MTA fuels and maintains the vans.
What is the application process?
- Applications must be filled out 60 days prior to the need for use of a van.
- All requests are subject to prior approval.
- All requests granted will be provided based upon the availability of equipment.
- Requests for transportation to events in Mason County designed to enhance economic development or for social service functions will be given priority over private groups.
- All organizations must provide their own liability insurance through their insurance company MTA as certificate holder.
- MTA reserves the right to reject any requests.
Click here for a Volunteer Community Van Driver application.
Click here for the currents rates for the Community Van Program.
Click here for a sample Agency Community Van Program Contract.
Call the coordinator the coordinator for more information or an application at 360-432-5725.