Mason Transit owns, maintains, manages, insures and licenses a fleet of
7 to 12-passenger vans. These vans are assigned to commuter groups and driven by volunteers who share the commute.
Contact Mason Transit to make your commute easier and less expensive. Fares vary based on travel distance, number of riders, and in some instances are paid for through employer commuter reduction programs.
Whether you’re interested in joining a vanpool or want to start one yourself, we can help you!
How does it work?
- You need at least five commuters to start. A main driver/bookkeeper, backup driver and at least 3 other riders.
- We must approve and train drivers before they operate a vanpool vehicle. Drivers are required to have a clean driving record.
- Request and complete the Vanpool Operator Application, and fax (360) 426-0899 or mail it back to Mason Transit
at 790 E John's Prairie Rd, Shelton, WA 98584.
- The vanpool group creates its own rules such as pick-up and drop-off locations and the commute schedule.
- If an emergency arises while you're at work, vanpoolers have a guaranteed ride home.
How do I get started?
- To start a vanpool, find four other people who share a similar commute to ride with you by:
- Registering at www.RideshareOnline.com and completing a Ridematch Application or
- Call Kristi Evans at 360-426-9434, ext 125 or e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's in it for me?
- Lower mileage and reduced wear and tear on your personal vehicle.
- Decreased insurance premiums, due to fewer miles traveled by your own vehicle.
- Fewer fuel purchases, reduced maintenance costs, and reduction in new tire purchases.
- More MONEY in your pocket to SPEND!
Want to join a current vanpool? CURRENT VANPOOL LISTING