Van Grant Program
At its regular meeting held on September 14, 2010, the Mason Transit Authority (MTA) Board approved the Surplus Vehicle Grant Program. In accordance with Board Resolution 2010-11, up to two (2) 12-passenger vehicles can be made available to eligible non-profit or government organizations, community agencies, and organizations with 501(c)(3) statuses to enhance transportation service provided within Mason County, WA.
Van grant applications are only accepted as vans become available. MTA will advertise availability.
At this time no vans are available.
The following file links are in PDF file format. If you are unable to access PDF files, please contact our administration office by calling 360-426-9434 or 800-374-3747, or email email@example.com, to request accessible copies.
- Grant Application – 2015 Surplus Vehicle Grant Application Packet
- Sample Contract – 2015 SAMPLE Surplus Vehicle Grant Contract
For more information or to request an application contact:
- Kristi Evans, Operations Coordinator, at 360-432-5725 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules and Requirements
- Vehicles must be used for a transportation-related purpose for residents who live within Mason County, WA.
- Only one (1) vehicle will be awarded per agency/organization per year.
- Application must clearly designate the primary applicant who will be named as “buyer” on vehicle title, if selected as a recipient.
- Trips must originate in Mason County, WA.
- Trips to or from religious worship, devotion or instruction may not be counted in meeting the selection criteria. This restriction does not affect the use of the vehicle once an award has been made.
- Applicant must certify they have the financial and management capacity to insure granted vehicle, if selected as a recipient.
- Applicants must certify they have the financial and management capacity to maintain vehicles in good working condition.
- Applicants must provide a copy of the 501(c)(3) non-profit certification, if applicable.
- Successful applicants will be required to sign an agreement relating to the exchange of vehicles for transportation-related services. A sample agreement is included in this packet.
- Applicants must track ridership, hours, miles of service and vehicle use description and provide a quarterly report to Mason Transit.
- Applicants shall only provide transportation to their clients, members, guest or other similar users with vehicles supplied under this program. They shall not provide transportation to the general public.
- Applicants shall not use the vehicle for assisting a campaign for election or for the promotion of or opposition to any ballot proposition.