Personal Care Attendants


Personal Care Attendant

If you require a Personal Care Attendant (PCA) to assist you while you travel due to a disability, your PCA is eligible to ride fare-free.  You must carry a valid Regional Reduced Fare Permit (RRFP) card that denotes a PCA requirement on the permit, and the PCA must get on and get off the bus with you in order to not pay a fare.


Regional Reduced Fare Permit

If you’re a senior, or person with a disability, or have a Medicare card, you can ride for less when you use public transportation services to travel around Puget Sound.  The Regional Reduced Fare Permit (RRFP) is an ID card that entitles you to discount fares on 15 transportation systems throughout the Puget Sound region.  All have wheelchair accessible services.  Just show your card when boarding the ferries or any fixed bus route.  Most agencies also provide curb-to-curb paratransit services or other demand-response services for those unable to use regular route buses due to disability.  Having a RRFP does not qualify you for paratransit services under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Personal care attendants ride free when accompanying a person with a RRFP.


Any participating agency can issue you an RRFP.  An application and proof of eligibility is required. Upon approval, a $3.00 processing fee is required for the RRFP ID card to be issued.  To apply for one through MTA, applications can be found online or can be requested by calling Customer Service at 360-427-5033 or 800-374-3747.  Applications must be submitted in person at the Transit-Community Center Customer Service Lobby, located at 601 West Franklin St, Shelton, WA 98584.


Regional Reduced Fare Permit Resources