Current Rider Alerts
Rider Alerts for planned holiday closures, schedule changes, construction and event related revisions to MTA service are posted here. Unexpected or last-minute changes to service may not be available on this page. Rider alerts are also available via Twitter, click here @MasonTransit, or by subscribing to receive rider alerts directly via text or email below. The following are current rider alerts:
Route 8 & 11 Hoodsport Stop location change – Effective Tuesday, March 21, 2017
Route 8 and Route 11 will not pull into the parking lot of the Hood Canal Visitor’s Center.
Route 8 & 11 will stop on Lake Cushman Road at/near the Hood Canal Visitors Center sign.
Current Service Changes
- Effective Monday, February 6, 2017
MTA will be implementing service changes to Routes 5 and 9. These changes are due to requests from the City of Shelton to not operate on certain roads. These changes were presented for public comment at public hearings that were held on November 9 & 10 of 2016. Following are details of the changes going into effect, followed by a link to view/download the new timetable for each route. New schedule books will become available starting January 30th.
- Route 5 –
- The timepoint at 14th & Turner has been changed to 16th & Harvard.
- The route will not travel on Highland Dr., Bayview Rd. or 14th St.
- The route will serve Kneeland Park, 16th St. and Harvard Ave. to 12th St.
- The route will serve Ellinor St. and Holman St.
- The route will not serve the portion of Cascade Ave from Olympic Hwy S to Mason St. and it will not serve Mason St.
- Click to View/download new Rt 5 timetable.
- Click to view/download a new Rt 5 map.
- Route 9 –
- The timepoint at Polar & Tobin Ave. has been changed to Otter St. & Fir St.
- The last two routes of the day will end at the Transit-Community Center and will not serve N. 13th St. at the end of the route.
- Route 4 –
- Route 4 will no longer serve the front door of the North Mason Timberland Library.
- We will continue to serve the Library, however the stop will be on State Route 3 at the top of the driveway into the Library.
- Click to View/download new Rt 4 timetable.
Rider alert links are posted in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. You can download a PDF reader from Adobe, just click here. If you are unable to access PDFs, please contact our office by calling 360-426-9434 or 800-374-3747, or email email@example.com, to request accessible file types.
During inclement weather, when road conditions are unsafe, MTA may put routes on a “snow route”. Snow routes reduce or eliminate service to certain areas. We understand the impact snow routes have on the rider however they are important for the safety of everyone. For specifics about our snow routes please click here for the Inclement Weather Rider Alert.