Transit Trip Planner (powered by Google Transit)
About Google Transit
The Google Transit trip planner featured on masontransit.org is powered by Google. Google Transit enables you to enter the specifics of your trip, like your origin and your destination, and the time of day you’d like to leave and/or arrive, and then uses all available public transportation schedules and information to plot out the most efficient step-by-step transit itinerary. You can even compare the cost of your trip with the cost of driving the same route. Advance options are also available to help customize your route based on your personal preferences. For example, you might not mind a longer journey if it means few transfers or less walking time. You can specify these preferences and alter your route results by clicking the “Show options” link below your destination.
Terms and Conditions
Mason Transit strives to provide quality information through Google Transit, but cannot guarantee 100% accuracy. Google and participating transit agencies will continue working together to improve the product quality. It is recommended that riders double-check trip itineraries with the published bus schedules available on masontransit.org. Please see the Google Transit Terms and Conditions.
What should I do if I receive incorrect, misleading, or confusing trip itinerary information?
If your trip itinerary has inaccurate stop locations, times, fares, or service schedule information, it’s probably because of misinformation between Mason Transit and Google Transit. Record the origin, destination and arrival/departure date and time for your itinerary and use the link below to provide information to Mason Transit about the problem you experienced.
Only through your continued use and feedback can we make Google Transit better for everyone. Use the “link” feature on the top right corner of the Google Transit map and then use your “copy” function to paste the link into an email and we will fully investigate.
More about Google Transit
Things to consider when using Google Transit
- Riders should be aware that Google Transit trip planning doesn’t reflect temporary changes in a route such as when a bus is detoured due to construction or when buses are running on snow routes during bad weather.
- Fares reflected for Mason Transit trips are for cash paying riders.
- Google Transit may provide two or three suggested trip plans. We recommend you always check these alternative itineraries as they may provide a trip that better meets your needs. Advance options are also available to help customize your route based on your personal preferences. For example, you might not mind a longer journey if it means few transfers or less walking time. You can specify these preferences and alter your route results by clicking the “Show options” link below your destination.
- Walking directions and times can be inaccurate, sometimes suggesting walking across un-passable obstacles. Always choose the safest approach for your location.
- Google Mobile supports viewing of Google Maps on iPhone, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, S60, and other Java enabled phones. Visit this link at Google Maps Mobile.
Developer User Agreement
Google Transit Feed Specification Information Files Available for Download
The MASON TRANSIT AUTHORITY (Mason Transit) hereby grants you (User) non-exclusive, limited and revocable rights to use, reproduce, and redistribute Mason Transit Data (Data) subject to the following Terms:
- Mason Transit trademarks, symbols and logos, including any confusingly similar variants, may not be used in association with Data.
- Commercial use of Mason Transit materials is expressly prohibited without the written permission of Mason Transit.
- Data is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Mason Transit makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied. Mason Transit disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Mason Transit and its employees, officers, directors and agents will not be liable for damages of any kind arising from the use of Data including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive and consequential damages.
- Mason Transit reserves the right to alter and/or no longer provide Data at any time without prior notice.
- Mason Transit maintains title, ownership, rights and interest in and to Data.
By using Mason Transit Data, you agree to be bound by all of the Terms and Conditions set forth in this Agreement.
Applicable LawThe laws of the State of Washington shall govern all rights and obligations under this Agreement, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws.
Entire AgreementThis Agreement constitutes the complete and exclusive agreement between the MASON COUNTY TRANSIT AUTHORITY and User with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior oral or written understandings, communications, or agreements not specifically incorporated herein. The MASON COUNTY TRANSIT AUTHORITY reserves the right to modify or revoke this Agreement at any time.
Data that Mason Transit uses to supply Google Transit is posted at http://data.trilliumtransit.com/gtfs/mason-wa-us/mason-wa-us.zip